Regular air conditioning service Rochester Hills, MI can prevent a home from becoming too warm during the hot summer months. A unit that is not serviced regularly may experience malfunctions and may require a total replacement.
Common Air Conditioning Unit Problems
- Low refrigerant- A leak in the refrigerant line can cause the unit to not cool the air effectively.
- Frozen evaporator coils- When the coils freeze, the air cannot cool, and the unit will distribute warm air throughout the home.
- Leaking ducts- Any leaks or holes in the ducts may cause the air to flow through the walls rather than throughout the home, resulting in a harder working unit and rising energy bills.
What to Expect from a Technician
A professional HVAC technician is responsible for taking the necessary steps listed below, to ensure proper air conditioning service Rochester Hills, MI.
- Cleaning the condenser coils
- Making sure the air conditioner is charged correctly
- Verifying the motor amperage
- Making any necessary repairs to the unit
Hiring a Technician
It is important to hire an experienced HVAC technician in order for ensuring that the unit is properly serviced. Following are a few tips to ensure a qualified technician is hired.
- References- talking to past customers can give the homeowner an idea of how the technician works and what kind of experiences to expect.
- Warranties and guarantees- it is important to find a technician who offers a guarantee and warranty for their services. A reputable technician understands that incidents happen and will offer a satisfaction guarantee for their work or warranty for the parts if they become defective.
- Credentials- licensure shows that the technician has been trained in the state to properly service and install air conditioning units. Liability insurance ensures that the homeowner and the technician are protected in the event of an injury or damage to the property. Verify that the technician has both of these credentials.
- Brand experience- Select an HVAC technician who has the experience of servicing the brand of air conditioning unit in the home. Experience with particular brands allows the technician to perform accurate installation and service.
Royal Oak Heating & Cooling and other HVAC companies are experienced in servicing air conditioning units. To learn more about finding the right service provider, or to schedule an appointment, Click Here.